The Media Pro is a Certified HUB firm with the NC Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB Office) Statewide Uniform Certification (SWUC) Program.
The Media Pro is a woman-owned, full service media, marketing and communications agency. We connect audiences with compelling messages through visual storytelling and deliver measurable results. We are a team of award-winning video and film production, graphics, media and marketing experts who understand the importance of developing and maintaining positive working relationships with our clients. We take the time to listen to our customers’ needs. We have more than 25 years’ experience working in and with private organizations as well as state and federal government agencies. This expertise makes us unique in that we understand how business is done and how government works. And we’ve successfully produced content for a wide-range of audiences.
Jill Branson Hammergren, owner of The Media Pro, is an award-winning writer, producer and media consultant with 25+ years experience producing videos, animations, documentaries, commercials and films for TV, film, production studios, corporations and individuals. She excels at understanding the big picture; managing expectations; developing creative, entertaining, thought-provoking scripts and supervising and managing production crews and talent. Her experience is in producing both large-scale productions with extensive budgets and crew and in small-scale events involving modest budgets and small production crews. Hammergren also plans, researches, develops and distributes multimillion dollar media campaigns for businesses, organizations and individuals.
Jill Branson Hammergren is a Certified Social Media Strategist and a graduate of the University of Missouri, School of Journalism. Hammergren has been a reporter, a television news anchor and TV news producer in Columbia, Missouri; Minneapolis, Minnesota; and Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina. She works with award-winning directors, producers, production crews, voice and acting talent, editors, post-production facilities, production houses and Major TV Networks like ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, Inside Edition. She enjoys working with authors who want to reach new audiences with book trailers, social media and other marketing needs. Hammergren is also a freelance travel, entertainment and writer.
Hammergren loves sports and sporting events involving pro, college and amateur athletes. She has worked with major corporations, teams, organizations and individuals for sports promotions, marketing, and sponsorships in the NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB, PGA, LPGA, NASCAR, Olympics, College Sports, Special Olympics and amateur tournaments and events. Hammergren is a member of the SOS Media and Crisis Communications Team for Special Olympics, Inc. In that capacity, she has planned, executed and facilitated large scale video productions, international media coverage and crisis communications for Special Olympics athletes and corporate sponsors at eight World Games events.
When Hammergren isn’t working as The Media Pro for her clients, she’s likely writing fiction, including screenplays, novels, and short stories, ghostwriting or she’s watching movies, playing golf, enjoying travel and cheering for her favorite pro and college teams.
She is a member of a number of professional organizations including: National Association of Professional Women (NAPW), Professional Writers Association (PWA), International Food Wine Travel Writers Association (IFWTWA), International Travel Writers & Photography Alliance (ITWPA), Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), North Carolina Writers Network, Mystery Writers of America (MWA), Southeast Region Chapter of Mystery Writers of America (SEMWA), Executive Women’s Golf Association (EWGA), National Golf Foundation (NGF), North Carolina Association of Government Information Officers (NCAGIO), University of Missouri Alumni Association, and Raleigh Chamber of Commerce.
Government Contracting Information
- 425110 Business to Business Electronic Markets
- 512110 Motion Picture and Video Production
- 512120 Motion Picture and Video Distribution
- 512191 Teleproduction and Other Postproduction Services
- 512199 Other Motion Picture and Video Industries
- 518210 Data Processing, Hosting and Related Services
- 519130 Internet Publishing and Broadcasting and Web Search Portals
- 541430 Graphic Design Services
- 541611 Administrative Management and General Management Consulting Services
- 541613 Marketing Consulting Services
- 541618 Other Management Consulting Services
- 541690 Other Scientific and Consulting Services
- 541810 Advertising Agencies
- 541820 Public Relations Agencies
- 541830 Media Buying Agencies
- 541840 Media Representatives
- 541850 Display Advertising
- 541860 Direct Mail Advertising
- 541870 Advertising Material Distribution Services
- 541890 Other Services Related to Advertising
- 541910 Marketing Research and Public Opinion Polling
- 541921 Photography Studios, Portrait
- 611430 Professional and Management Development Training
- 611710 Educational Support Services
- 711320 Promoters of Performing Arts, Sports and Similar Events without Facilities
- 715110 Independent Artists, Writers and Performers
- 812990 All Other Personal Services
- 813910 Business Associations
Product Services Codes:
- R426 Support – Professional Communications
- R497 Support- Professional: Personal Services Contracts
- R701 Support – Management: Advertising
- R708 Support- Management: Public Relations
- T001 Photo/Map/Print Publication – Arts/Graphics
- T006 Photo/Map/Print Publication – Film/Video Tape Production
- T016 Photo/Map/Print Publication – Audio/Visual
- U008 Education/Training – Training Curriculum Development
- U009 Education/Training – General
- U099 Education/Training – Other